VWR® Autoclave Biohazard Bags
VWR CATALOG NUMBERS:
Manufacturing country of origin for all item numbers below: USA
Specifically engineered to exhibit exceptional toughness, strength and excellent autoclavable
These Red autoclavable Biohazard bags meet all State & Federal requirements for hazardous waste
• Compliant with Federal DOT Regulation 49 CFR 173.197 for HazMat Handling and Markings.
They exceed the 480 gram tear test as defined by ASTM D1922 in both length (MD) and width
• All Biohazard bags have OSHA required markings printed in 4 languages (English, French,
German and Spanish).
• All Biohazard bags have Temperature Indicator patch (“Contents have been Autoclaved”
• Compliant with California Health and Safety Code 117630 (effective January 1, 2015)
• Compliant with Florida Dept. Health Code # 64E-16.004-2C Registration # PP-2-R1-04
• Compliant with CDC Procedural Guidance on the Proper Packaging of Highly Infectious Waste
• Compliant with EU Hazardous Waste Directive and International WHO Directive for Safe
Management of Healthcare Waste for Autoclaving and or Incineration
TYPICAL PRODUCT CHARACTERISTICS:
Values expressed below for available nominal film thicknesses.
* Typical values determined by 3rd party independent Certified Test Laboratory
Technical Bag Use Recommendations for Autoclave Operation:
Add ½ liter of water to bag prior to putting in autoclave. Bags need to be able to vent steam; best
practice is to close off by putting a test tube in top and wire close, remove test tube, place in autoclave
with wire closed end up for good ventilation. Check with facility safety officer about spore kill testing
requirements in your local, State or Country region.